This page archives a selection of transit related documents that I have created in order from most recent to oldest. Many of these documents were direct responses to issues seen with a transit proposal or offered as an alternative to "cherry picking" routes for elimination when budget concerns forced the transit agency to consider route reductions. This list is not all inclusive and more will be added as work is discovered or created.
Timeline of past projects
- 2010-11-21: Current transit map of Pittsburgh Area as publicly available on this site (under development). This map is in a simplified format that provides more information and is easier to read.
- 2010-06-13: Past transit map of the Pittsburgh Area as publicly available on this site (under development)
- 2010-06-13: Database output using raw scheduling data from Port Authority of Allegheny County
- 2010-04-04: First public release of Pittsburgh Transit map
- 2009-09-07: Earlier version of the transit system map for the Pittsburgh with minimal labels or street names
- 2008-02-01: A further refined transit map (and explanation) based on my 2007-03-08 system redesign proposal
- 2007-05-04: Architectural studio re-design of Wilkinsburg Station in the Pittsburgh area
- 2007-03-08: A route map showing a simplification proposal in lieu of major service reductions
- 2007-03-08: Supporting schedules for all of the routes in the new system proposed in previous list item
- 2007-01-20: Preliminary route-by-route list of changes to be proposed in the above list item
- 2007-01-11: Master Route map showing service in Pittsburgh accurate to early 2007
- 2007-01-11: Collection of route maps showing routes serving legislative districts in early 2007 (This was produced for Port Authority of Allegheny County)
- 2006-12-10: Urban Design studio re-design of a neighborhood in the Hill District (Pittsburgh, PA) including installation of a public transit node and suggestion of a new route
- 2006-07-28: Route suggestions on improving service, yet retaining efficiency on the West Busway of the Pittsburgh Area
- 2006-02-16: Route restructuring suggestion on improving service on the East Busway of the Pittsburgh area and standardizing the headways of the route to reduce localized overcrowding
- 2005-02-15: Independent GIS study of the local transit agency (Port Authority of Allegheny County) as presented to the agency
- 2004-02-15: Abstract and some critical comments (from an observer) related to the above GIS study when presented in December 2004.
- 2005-01-10: Service reduction suggestions in lieu of Port Authority proposal
- 2004-07-14: Suggestions to improve service efficiency on several routes to increase service hours without increasing costs
- 2004-02-14: A report (for a course on habitation) on how transit users choose seats based on destination and activity